Lottery: Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery
Charity: Independent Age
Registered Charity number: 210729 (England & Wales), SC047184 (Scotland).
Promoter: Independent Age, 18 Avonmore Road, London W14 8RR
Responsible person: John Palmer, Director of Influencing and Engagement, Independent Age, 18 Avonmore Road, London W14 8RR.
- This lottery (“the Lottery”) is being promoted by and on behalf of Independent Age, a charity registered in England (charity number 210729 England & Wales, SC047184 Scotland) which operates as Independent Age (“the Charity”).
- The Charity is registered with Hammersmith and Fulham Council (www.lbhf.gov.uk) to operate the Lottery.
- The registered Responsible Person for the Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery is John Palmer, Director of Influencing and Engagement, Independent Age, 18 Avonmore Road, London W14 8RR.
- The Lottery is registered by Hammersmith and Fulham Council under the 2005 Gambling Act. Small Society Lottery Registration Number: 2012/01451/GRSSL.
The Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery is registered and regulated by Hammersmith and Fulham Council and complies with all registration requirements. We have to report on every draw to Hammersmith and Fulham Council and receive regular audits and visits to make sure that our Lottery is always fully compliant.
- The Charity is assisted in operating its lottery by an External Lottery Manager ("ELM"), The Woods Group Limited of Lansdowne House, Bumpers Way, Chippenham SN14 6NG, who is licensed by the GC (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk).
- These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the Lottery, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The draws will take place every Friday, except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday, in which case, the draw will take place on the next working day.
- The cost of each entry is £1 per week. Players can take a maximum of 5 chances per week and payment must be received (and cleared) before entry to the weekly draw.
- Payments are by monthly Direct Debit only.
- Independent Age is committed to operating a socially responsible lottery and as such will need to verify with entrants purchases of more than 5 weekly chances.
- The prizes for Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery are: 1st Prize: £20,000, 2nd Prize: £1,000 and 10 Runner-up Prizes: £25 in Marks & Spencer’s vouchers.
- The draws are conducted by the Charity’s ELM, who use a random number generator (tested and approved by a Gambling Commission certified test house) to produce the winning numbers for each weekly draw. 6 numbers from 1 to 49 will be selected at random and all the eligible chances checked for any 5 or 6 number matches, in any order. 10 runner-up winners will then be selected from all eligible chances.
- Players not wishing to choose their own numbers will be given randomly allocated numbers generated by our system. Lottery Players sign up through any face to face fundraising activity (street, door to door and private sites) won’t have the option to choose their own numbers due to restrictions on the sign up software.
- Different players may be able to have the same set of numbers as another player.
- If the first prize or second prize is drawn and a player or players has that set of numbers, the prize value will be shared equally between each winning set of numbers.
- Where a request is made to change a player’s chance numbers, the change will be made within 7 days of receipt of the request. Players will have no claim on any prize until The Promoter has made the necessary update. Similarly, players will have no claim to any prize awarded to the randomly selected numbers after the Promoter has made the change to a player’s chance numbers.
- If an entry is paid by monthly Direct Debit, £4 or £5 (or multiples of these amounts if you have more than one chance) will be collected per month directly from your bank account, dependent on the number of draws in between your payment dates. This will enable entries to be made into every draw.
- Underage gambling is an offence and legally players must be aged 16 or over to enter lotteries. However, applications for Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery must be from players aged 18 years or over. No person under this age is allowed to participate in the Lottery and to do so is a criminal offence. Upon applying to enter the lottery, players will be required to state their age and to affirm that they are of legal age.
- The Charity reserves the right to require proof of identity and age.
- Any person who has entered the Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery who is subsequently found to be underage will forfeit any prize and will be excluded from any future entries. If a child under 18 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- Winners will be notified by post within 7 days. This notification will include the prize (cheque or voucher).
- Prizes are subject to availability and the Charity reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal value. There are no alternatives to the cash prizes and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be paid within 30 days of the draw by cheque or voucher by post.
- Any prize not claimed or banked within 6 months of the draw will be classed as forfeited.
- The Charity and its’ ELM employees involved in the Lottery operations and responsible persons are excluded from playing the Lottery.
- No detail in the lottery application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted except for change of address or name, whether by reason of marriage or by deed poll or other.
- The Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery is open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales. No entrants are allowed from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man.
- The Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- The Charity may amend these terms and conditions at any time. The Charity will notify all participants of any significant changes to these terms and conditions via this website or by contacting you directly using the contact details provided on entry to the Lottery.
- The Charity reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the Lottery and to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Lottery in whole or in part at the Charity’s sole discretion.
- The Charity’s decision on all matters affecting the draw is final and legally binding. No correspondence regarding the results of the draw will be entered into.
- Complaints will be handled in line with the Charity’s Complaints and Disputes Procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by Charity or its ELM will be escalated to a third party Alternative Dispute Resolution entity, such as IBAS.
- The Charity or its’ ELM shall not be liable for:
- Any entries or communications which are damaged, lost, stolen or delayed in the post;
- Any late bank payments;
- Any failure or inability to award a prize due to any errors or omissions in the data provided or due to any failure by the participant to update the Charity with any changes to the contact data provided;
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by the Charity or its ELM for the administration of the Lottery;
- Any refusal by the Charity to accept an entry or the cancellation of an entry
- Any failure to enter a Chance into the draw;
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of the Charity or its ELM; and
- Any loss or damage incurred by a participant in connection with their entry to the Lottery or use of any prize.
- The Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery is intended to be a fun way to support our charitable aims and the vital work we do. If you're worried about the effects of gambling on you or someone you know, you can find information on the Be Gamble Aware website or you can call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133. We encourage our supporters to gamble responsibly.
- Chances of winning a prize are as follows:
First prize – 1 in 13.9 million chance
Second prize – 1 in 55,200 chance
Runner up prizes – 1 in 160 chance
- The Friday Flutter Independent Age Lottery’s proceeds are spent as follows (figures taken from 7 June 2019 to 5 June 2020):
The percentage of the proceeds spent on prizes is 13%
The percentage of the proceeds spent on expenses related to promoting and running the lottery is 12%
The percentage or amount of the proceeds applied directly to the purposes of the society 88%
The total proceeds from all tickets sold £77,510